It is with great honor that I say that “A Girl With A Lot of Gut” has been nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. This blog has been a dream of mine for such a long time. I have always had a passion for writing and for sharing my thoughts and my story with others. It is not an easy thing to be “different” in this world, I find this especially true for women. We are bombarded with images of how we are suppose to look in all venues. Television, magazines, internet sites, books, they all show us images of the “perfect body” Society tells us that nothing taste better than skinny feels, that thigh gaps are a symbol of beauty and that visible hip and collar bones make us worthy. I have battled with thoughts of worthlessness my entire life. I will never have a thigh gap, my collar and hip bones are very well padded and will never be visible and lastly I believe there are many things that taste far better than skinny could ever feel. It has taken almost 40 years for me to accept who and what I am. I am a fat woman. I am a mother, I am a daughter, I am sister, I am a co-worker, I am a friend, I am someone. I deserve respect, I deserve to have a voice, I deserve to have an opinion, I deserve to be able to find clothing that fits my body properly. I deserve to feel good about my body and love myself. Each and every woman of size deserves these things. It is my mission to reach as many women and share my message of body positivity.
I would like to thank thatsaucytart.wordpress.com for my nomination. Her blog is humorous, inspirational, informative and excellently written. There is not one post on her blog that did not make me smile. I love her story telling ability, it feels as though you are sitting in a café chatting with her. Being of the Jewish faith, her blog also touches my heart in a very special way. I encourage anyone that wants an informative and entertaining blog to follow to go visit thatsaucytart.wordpress.com.
THESE ARE THE INSPIRATIONAL BLOGGER RULES:
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT A GIRL WITH A LOT OF GUT
1. I am 38 years old, I live in the United States in the wee state of Delaware. I work in procurement by day but by night I work on A Girl With A Lot of Gut. My passion is my blog and my writing, I have to work a day job to pay the bills.
2. I have been an overweight person my entire life. I have dealt with depression, low self esteem, rejection and embarrassment because of my size. I tired dieting, exercising, taking pills, potions and other “miracle cures” for my obesity. Nothing worked. I continued to gain weight.
3. 7 years ago I found out I have a condition called PCOS, Polycystic ovary syndrome. My condition is hormonal and is the number one reason why I cannot lose weight. There is no cure, I will have to deal with this condition for the rest of my life.
4. I give all I have to my blog because I want other women to realize they are not alone. I do not sugar coat anything on my blog, I share my feelings with 100% honesty and truth. I feel that my followers and viewers deserve that.
5. I am a mom. I have a 20 year old daughter that is the light of my life. She is such an inspiration to me and without her love and support I would not have made it in this life.
6. I am a staunch advocate for underrepresented groups in our society. I believe everyone has the right to be heard and to be represented.
7. Lastly, I am a dreamer. I know no limits. I follow my heart. I am brave, I am bold and I am GUTsy!
And my nominations for the most inspiring blogs go to….
That Saucy Tart – She is an amazing and inspirational blogger. Follow Her!
Confessions of a Gordita – She’s a gordita latina and she is just goddamn fabulous.
Janaline’s World Journey – lovely travel blog, beautiful photography, takes you away
writing101june2014.wordpress.com – this blog has been such a help to me while on my journey to become the best blogger I can be.
Kol B’Isha Erva – fantastic and inspiring blog on women’s issues within the Jewish community
Fifteen Minutes of Freedom – a copywriter’s struggle for creativity, I relate so much to this as a fellow copywriter
Just Keeping it Real* – she is keeping it real and she can’t decide on a damn username. I love it.
The Hip Alley – really beautiful photography
Hey Lady – She talks to herself and it is sass-tastic. A real positive body image evangelist.
Hadassah Sabo Milner: In The Pink: Sassy Orthodox Jewish blogger on women’s issues, I adore this blog
Once again a giant than you to thatsaucytart.wordpress.com. Go visit her blog, follow her and follow all the other amazing blogs I have nominated!
Remember, always Be Bold, Be Brave and Be GUTsy!